Monday, January 18, 2010

THE JOURNEY: Sometimes you need to step away from yourself and look at the bigger picture. Since starting this blog it has been about my journey and the relationship to my family as well as all the emotions that have gone into recovery. What happened this week in Haiti puts life and death onto a whole different playing field. There are no words to describe the feelings and emotions that the folks of Haiti are going through right now. I in my own little bubble with my own little problems look at what is on television and can only imagine loosing my entire family, let alone every child. My heart goes out for the great loss in Haiti. It will take a very long time for them to recover both physically and spiritually. My hope is that each and everyone of them will have the love and support that I have had, but short of that at least get the help they need.

LIFE AND DEATH

SEEN BY ITSELF
THE RANDOMNESS OF LIFE AND DEATH
CREATE A COMPLICATED MESSAGE TO THE MASSES

SEEN WITHIN THE BIGGER PICTURE
OF TIME AND SPACE
AND SPIRIT AND GRACE
BRINGS DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS

MISSING SOMEONE IS ALL AND GOOD
BUT SEEING THEM IN A BETTER PLACE
BRINGS IMPORTANCE TO THE EXISTENCE
OF THE HUMAN RACE

IT TIES THE CIRCLE
OF WHY WE ARE ALL HERE
PUTTING THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE
WITH A SENSE OF COMPLETION

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Mike --

    Your story via The Portland Oregonian this morning -- has touched my heart. I am adding your blog link to my own blog.

    I'm a married woman better-than-65 years old -- who spent years on radio and television, primarily on-air in talk show formats in Miami and Boston. You can read my profile on my web page.

    Last year, I developed some chronic chest pain which doctors told me was unrelated to my heart. My parents both died of heart-related difficulties, and heart attacks seem to run in my family. However, routine exams show I have a defect in one of my heart valves which is not bad enough for surgery. I think of death a great deal, and while I do not profess a religion, I believe I am spiritual by nature.

    In any event, I will continue to read your posts when I can and also will put you on Twitter when I get back from my swim class.

    Warm regards,

    Ellen Kimball
    Portland, OR
    Twitter: @Radio_Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read about your blog in Margie Boule's column, and plan to follow your story. Did you seek a grief counseling program for your children? (Dougie's, is part of the name I remember reading about, in Portland.) Children grieve differently than adults, and parents need help in understanding how to help their children. (Besides, the parent is also grieving on his/her own level, and needs help processing their own grief.)

    ReplyDelete